Trade & Industry Department | Automotive Service Educational Technology
Responsibilities of ASEP Participants
College of Southern Idaho
- Identify a person with administrative responsibility for ASEP at the college.
- Assist dealers with student selection and recruiting.
- Provide on-campus instruction in accordance with approved ASEP and NATEF curriculum.
- Maintain student records.
- Keep sponsoring dealers aware of student academic progress.
- Provide academic advisement and tutoring when necessary.
- Identify competencies to be gained during career experience at sponsoring dealerships.
- Work with dealer to assure attainment of career experience competencies.
- Provide means to maintain instructor competency with current GM technology.
- Fulfill all requirements to gain acceptance into the program.
- Obtain a GM or ACDelco sponsor and maintain sponsorship to remain in program.
- Maintain academic standards.
- Participate in all learning activities at the scheduled times.
- Provide sponsoring dealers with responsible and productive employment.
- Provide for program costs: tuition, fees, books, tools, housing, etc.
- Pass at least 1 ASE certification test for graduation requirements
General Motors Dealer
- Identify interest in being a sponsoring dealer so a name can be made available to interested students.
- Interview and select prospective students.
- Agree to provide dealership-coordinated work experience in accordance with the program schedule and for the duration of the curriculum.
- Appoint an in-dealership student trainer to help trainee achieve maximum productivity level and to work with the College of Southern Idaho coordinator.
- Provide related work experience while assigned to the dealership that supplements trainee’s most recent instruction (if within dealer’s capability to do so).
- Agree to pay trainee during periods of dealership-coordinated work experience at a mutually agreeable and competitive rate.
- Provide the student employee with work uniforms for wear at the worksite.
- Provide fringe benefits in a manner consistent with those provided for other dealership employees.
General Motors corporation
- Provide GM training for involved college instructors.
- Furnish college with GM vehicles and components.
- Provide college with essential training materials.
- Oversee and participate in student selection procedure.
- Monitor all phases of the ASEP program to assure its success.
- Participate in the ASEP promotional plan.
back to top